Cadena De Madres (Network of Mothers)
DHP Members that have high-risk pregnancies can get free help from our nurses by calling 1-(877)-222-2759
For information on Baby Showers:
Bee, Jim Wells, Kleberg, Nueces, Victoria Counties:
San Patricio County:
San Patricio Health Department
1-(361)-364-6208 (ext. 146)
Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr, Willacy, Webb Counties:
For Information on Other Services:
STAR Nueces Service Area:
STAR Hidalgo Service Area:
CHIP Nueces Service Area:
Moms-to-be and their guests are invited to attend three baby showers. They are fun, and a great place to learn more about keeping moms and babies healthy. Baby showers are offered in different locations at different times of the day. Baby showers may be offered in Spanish also.
While attending the baby showers, moms-to-be will:
- Learn about eating healthy and breastfeeding.
- Learn how smoking, alcohol, and drugs affect moms and their babies.
- Learn what to look for if there are problems in your pregnancy. This includes knowing the signs of early labor and when to get help.
- Learn about some of the things you can expect during labor and delivery.
- Get healthy snacks or lite meals.
- Play fun games with prizes for the baby.
Driscoll Health Plan (DHP) moms-to-be can also receive the following free services:
- Diet and nutritional help
- Breastfeeding help
- Social Work help
This program is free to DHP pregnant women enrolled under STAR and CHIP and / or residing in the following counties: