click to view larger map
What is CHIP?
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is for children from age 0-18. Depending on your income, families with CHIP make a low premium payment from $0 to $50 a month. Some families may also need to pay co-pays for some services. It's an affordable option for families who do not qualify for Medicaid, but cannot afford other health insurance.
In the CHIP Program, your child or children will receive a wide range of benefits. These include:
- Doctor visits
- Prescription drugs
- Hospital care at local hospitals
- Shots (immunizations)
- Eye exams and glasses
- Hearing and dental exams
- Interpretation services
- Free transportation to your doctor
- Mental health benefits
- Advice on how to manage asthma and diabetes
Driscoll Health Plan offers a wide range of value-added services so that its members can stay healthy and enjoy life as well. There is a value-added service for everyone in the family through Driscoll Health Plan. They're our way of showing that we care about our members.
Do I Qualify?
Qualifying for CHIP is very simple, and the highly-trained staff at Driscoll Health Plan can help.
Children may be eligible for CHIP if:
- Live in the State of Texas
- Children are under age 18
- Are a United States citizen or a documented immigrant
- Have no other health insurance
- Live in a family which does not qualify for state employee insurance
- Proof or verification of income (check stub or other income verification)
- Proof of you and your child's Social Security Number
- Proof of you and your child's residency status or immigration status
Find your family size on the left side of the chart. If your family income is less than the monthly or yearly income shown on the right your child might qualify for CHIP.CHIP Income Guidelines
How Do I Apply?
To apply, please call 1-877-543-7669 (1-877-KiDS-NOW) or online at http://www.chipmedicaid.org.
Pick up an application form available at area hospitals including Driscoll Children's Hospital's Admitting Office and Emergency Department or a planned enrollment fair, or call Driscoll Health Plan for a packet. Signing up for CHIP is quick, simple, and inexpensive.
You will need to gather:
To find out more about the CHIP benefits, call the Driscoll Health Plan to talk to a member of our team!
Toll Free (877) 451-5598