What is CHIP Perinatal?
click to view larger map
The Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Perinatal coverage provides prenatal care for the unborn children of women who do not qualify for Medicaid. It covers your labor with delivery and your baby's health and medical services for its first months of life.
Benefits of CHIP Perinatal coverage include:
- Up to 20 prenatal visits.
- Prescriptions and prenatal vitamins.
- Labor with delivery of the baby.
- Two doctor visits for the mother after the baby is born.
- Regular check-ups, immunizations and prescriptions for the baby after the baby leaves the hospital.
Driscoll Health Plan also offers the following Value Added Services:
- Transportation services. Help with transportation services to medical appointments or prenatal health education classes
- Cell phone. Loaner cell phone for pregnant members or members with special health-care needs who need one
- Pregnancy and birthing classes. Prenatal classes and nutritional counseling for pregnant women, including free community baby showers (currently available in Nueces, San Patricio, Victoria, Jim Wells/Kleberg and Bee counties)
- Smoking cessation benefits. Additional benefits available for over-the-counter smoking cessation products.
Do I Qualify?
Find your family size on the left side of the chart. If your family income is less than the monthly or yearly income shown on the right you might qualify for CHIP Perinatal.CHIP Perinatal Income Guidelines
How do I apply?
To apply, please call 1-877-543-7669 (1-877-KiDS-NOW) or online at http://www.chipmedicaid.org.
You may also pick up an application form available at area hospitals including Driscoll Children's Hospital's Admitting Office and Emergency Department or a planned enrollment fair, or call Driscoll Health Plan for a packet.
To find out more about the CHIP Perinatal benefits, call the Driscoll Health Plan to talk to a member of our team!
Toll Free (877) 451-5598